Re: architectures with their own "config PCMCIA"

From: Adrian Bunk
Date: Wed Aug 11 2004 - 20:02:38 EST

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 11:45:21PM +0200, Roman Zippel wrote:

> Hi,

Hi Roman,

> On Wed, 11 Aug 2004, Adrian Bunk wrote:
>
> > Roman, is it intentional that PCMCIA!=n is true if there's no PCMCIA
> > option, or is it simply a bug?
>
> Yes, undefined symbols have a (string) value of "" . Maybe it's time to
> add a warning for such comparisons...

is there any strong reason why undefined symbols aren't equivalent to
symbols with a value of "n"?

Many !=n seems to be bogus (especially ones from the automatic
transition to the new Kconfig) and I'll audit them. But rewriting valid
FOO!=n to (FOO=y || FOO=m) doesn't sound like an improvement.

> bye, Roman

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.