Generation of *.s files from *.S files in kbuild

From: Dan Aloni
Date: Thu Aug 12 2004 - 14:27:46 EST

Hello,

Is the generation of *.s files from *.S files in the kernel
build system a wide spread phenomenon? As far as I can see
only vmlinux.lds.s is built that way in my default i386 config.

It causes problems when trying to cross-build a kernel on a
file system that has case-insensitive filenames, or on a GNU
port that is case insensitive (such as Cygwin).

If anyone wondered, I'm trying to cross build a Linux kernel
on a Cygwin system using a Linux native toolchain, in order
to make development of the Windows port of coLinux easier
for some people.

--
Dan Aloni
da-x@xxxxxxxxxxx