Re: Linux 2.6.8-rc4 [RESEND] via-rhine: Really callrhine_power_init()

From: Lee Revell
Date: Thu Aug 12 2004 - 23:47:06 EST

On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 04:33, Roger Luethi wrote:
> This is my third and last attempt to get this fix merged for 2.6.8.
>
> Without this patch, mainline via-rhine cannot wake the chip if some other
> driver puts it to D3. The problem has hit quite a few people already.

Argh, this is *still* not fixed in -rc4! How loud does one have to yell
to get an absolutely FATAL bug with a trivial fix merged?

Lots of people spent lots of time trying to track this bug down. I
would hate to think all that time was wasted. *Please* apply Roger's
patch, or many people will be unable to upgrade to 2.6.8. I am getting
tired of replacing via-rhine.c with the version from -mm every time I
compile a new kernel just to keep my network card working.

Lee