Re: rc4-mm1 pci-routing

From: Ralf Gerbig
Date: Fri Aug 13 2004 - 16:08:01 EST

Hi Bjorn,

Executive summery: Sorry for the noise.

> I'm sorry, I'm completely lost. You mention an oops, but I don't
> see one in the transcript you posted.

Sorry I should have have explained the mess.

> You originally mentioned a hang while alsa was starting up. But
> the transcript you posted doesn't show a hang. Does it work when
> the drivers are builtin, but hang when they are modules?

Here goes:

The on the first boot of rc4-mm1 the last line on the screen was about
starting ALSA, so I assumed that was what broke and sent the diff of
the 'boot.msg' (SuSE 9.1) with and without pci=routeirq.

Then I compiled the intel8x0 driver into the kernel send the resulting
boot.msg with pci=routeirq. Thereafter I hooked up a serial console and
found an oops from the 'wondershaper' and other unrelated breakage.
Returning to my original .config and moving the shaper to a later
position in the boot process everything just worked even without
pci=routeirq. That is the last trace I sent.

> lspci shows some sort of ISDN card, but I don't see a driver for
> it. Are you using that?

Yes, startmode is manual and it works:

ISDN subsystem Rev:1.1.2.3/1.1.2.3/1.1.2.2/1.1.2.3/none/1.1.2.2 loaded HiSax: LinuxDriver for passive ISDN cards
HiSax: Version 3.5 (module)
HiSax: Layer1 Revision 2.46.2.5
HiSax: Layer2 Revision 2.30.2.4
HiSax: TeiMgr Revision 2.20.2.3
HiSax: Layer3 Revision 2.22.2.3
HiSax: LinkLayer Revision 2.59.2.4
hisax_isac: ISAC-S/ISAC-SX ISDN driverv0.1.0
hisax_fcpcipnp: Fritz!Card PCI/PCIv2/PnP ISDN driver v0.0.1
HiSax: Card 1 Protocol EDSS1 Id=fcpcipnp0 (0)
HiSax: DSS1 Rev. 2.32.2.3
HiSax: 2 channels added
HiSax: MAX_WAITING_CALLS added
ACPI: PCI interrupt 0000:01:07.0[A] ->GSI 19 (level, high) -> IRQ 19
hisax_fcpcipnp: found adapter Fritz!Card PCI v2 at 0000:01:07.0

Ralf
--
Ralf Gerbig // P: Linus Torvalds
Dr. Heinz Schaefer & Partner //-S: Buried alive in diapers