Re: architectures with their own "config PCMCIA"

From: Adrian Bunk
Date: Sun Aug 15 2004 - 15:20:02 EST

On Sun, Aug 15, 2004 at 09:37:30PM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> > > Wouldn't it be better to require a string or hex to always be quoted
> > > like "somestring"?
> >
> > What about normal numbers? I don't think requiring quotes everywhere for
> > this is a good idea.
>
> And numbers (both decimal and hex) can easily be distinguished from y, n, and m
> anyway.

Sounds reasonable.

This leaves strings.

Could you point me to one single place in the kernel where a string
constant is used in the dependencies of another symbol?
If it's that rare, requiring quotes shouuldn't be that much of a burden.

I see six places where quotes are used for y/n/m, but they should be
trivial to fix.

> Gr{oetje,eeting}s,
>
> Geert

cu