Re: PATCH: straighten out the IDE layer locking and add hotplug

From: Alan Cox
Date: Mon Aug 16 2004 - 13:39:38 EST

On Llu, 2004-08-16 at 18:23, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:
> On Sunday 15 August 2004 17:13, Alan Cox wrote:
> > There really isnt any sane way to break this patch down because all the
> > changes are interlinked so closely.
>
> at least /proc/ide/hd?/settings:ide-scsi removal and doc fixes are very easy
> to separate, I also think that locking fixes should be separated from
> hotplugging ones

I continue to believe splitting the locking and hotplugging ones are
essentially impossible without inventing a fake never written version.
The other stuff can probably be done.

If you can let me know which bits you are going to apply I can work on
sorting out the rest. In the meantime I'll keep a -ac patch for people
who want to work on the IDE bits or who need the fixes and driver
updates.

Alan