SCSI Bus Parity errors with all Kernels after 2.4.26

From: Robert K. Nelson
Date: Mon Aug 16 2004 - 14:14:31 EST

I have a machine configuration with runs fine under a variety of older kernels and fails under a variety of newer ones. I was hoping someone could dircet me to a person who would like to look further into this.

SCSI Configuration -
Symbios Logic SYM8951U
Quantum Viking II 4.5GB
IBM DNES-30917OW 9.0GB
ASUS SC875 Symbios Logic
IOMEGA ZOP 100
Pioneer CD-ROM DR U065

Works under:
Various RedHat 4, 5, 6 and 7 systems
RedHat 8.0 running 2.4.18
RedHat 8.0 running 2.4.20
Debian 2.2 running 2.4.5

Fails under
Redhat 9.0 running 2.4.26
Suse 9.1 running 2.6.5
Debian 3.0

It fails with a SCSI bus error, either crashing entirely or refusing to mount one or more file systems on the second disk.the second disk. Looks like something has changed, and not for the better for this configuration.

More information avaiable on request. I am interested in helping to trace this down.

Please cc: my personal e-mail in response, since I do not subscribe.

Robert K. Nelson