Re: [Patch} to fix oops in olympic token ring driver on mediadisconnect

From: Pete Zaitcev
Date: Mon Aug 16 2004 - 19:16:36 EST

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 11:10:19 -0400
Mike_Phillips@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > Well, regardless, Neil's patch is IMO a good first step.
>
> Neil's patch is to make the annoying regression test failure go away. To
> be honest I have had *one* user email me that this is a problem and once I
> gave them the "don't remove the cable on token ring, its not ethernet"
> talk, they were fine.

Maybe they are afraid of your bofh-ness, man.

> It works, its used by an ever decreasing number of users - let it have a
> peaceful and graceful old age.

I don't think this works with a bug so clear-cut as this one.

On the USB front it's so hard to find any users with meaningful
bug reports that I apply fixes for singular users, if they make
broader sense. How do you know that that one user you mentioned is
not a representative of countless IBM minions who clang their chains,
pull Token Ring cables and cry in their dungeons...

-- Pete