2.6.8.1-mm1 hangs on boot with ACPI

From: Pontus Fuchs
Date: Tue Aug 17 2004 - 03:57:13 EST

Hi,

After upgrading to 2.6.8.1-mm1 from plain 2.6.8.1 my machine does not
boot anymore. The last message i see is:

ACPI: Processor [CPU0] (supports C1,C2,C3, 8 throttling states)

In plain 2.6.8.1 the next messages would be:

ACPI: Thermal Zone [THRM] (52 C)
Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 175x65
Linux agpgart interface v0.100 (c) Dave Jones
agpgart: Detected SiS 648 chipset

Booting with acpi=off works fine. I have also tried pci=routeirq but it
does not make any difference.

The machine is an Asus L5c laptop.

Please CC me, as I'm not subscribing to this list.

Pontus