network regression using 2.6.8.x behind Cisco 1712

From: Ondřej Surý
Date: Wed Aug 18 2004 - 03:23:20 EST

Hello,

I encountered regression in 2.6.8.1 when behind Cisco 1712 router.
There is huge network slowdown, my connections rate drops to ~10K/s on
2.6.8.1, local network is fine. When using 2.6.7 connection rate is
~400K/s (depending on what I am downloading).

Network configuration is same on 2.6.8.1 and 2.6.7. My .config can be
found at http://www.sury.org/kernel/config-2.6.8.1

Kernel is vanilla with MPPE+MPPC patch applied, but same behaviour has
distribution debian kernel. Also I have tried to disable QoS and IPv6
in 2.6.8.1, but without any result.

It could be some bug in IOS, but it is triggered by some change between
2.6.7 and 2.6.8. Any hints what should I try or where to look?
I could try some -pre and -rc kernel to locate where this was
introduced, but at least try to hint me which version should be
considered, I am not so willing to compile all -preX and -rcX, but could
do that if neccessary to hunt this regression.

Please Cc: me, I am not on list.

O.
--
OndÅej Surà <ondrej@xxxxxxxx>