Does io_remap_page_range() take 5 or 6 args?

From: Paul Jackson
Date: Wed Aug 18 2004 - 15:35:39 EST

What is up with io_remap_page_range()? Seems like half of its
mentions take 5 args, and half 6 args (the 6th arg being 'space').

Grep'ing and eyeballing in 2.6.8.1-mm1 just now shows the following
files using 5 args:

arch/ia64/sn/io/sn2/pcibr/pcibr_dvr.c
arch/ia64/sn/io/sn2/xbow.c
arch/sh/kernel/cpu/sh4/sq.c
drivers/video/acornfb.c
drivers/video/controlfb.c
drivers/video/fbmem.c
include/asm-alpha/pgtable.h
include/asm-arm/pgtable.h
include/asm-arm26/pgtable.h
sound/core/pcm_native.c

and the following files using 6 args:

arch/sparc/mm/generic.c
arch/sparc64/kernel/pci.c
arch/sparc64/kernel/pci.c
arch/sparc64/kernel/sparc64_ksyms.c
arch/sparc64/mm/generic.c
drivers/char/drm/drm_vm.h
drivers/sbus/char/vfc_dev.c
drivers/video/fbmem.c
drivers/video/sbuslib.c
include/asm-sparc/pgtable.h
include/asm-sparc64/pgtable.h

I'm noticing this trying to build 2.6.8.1-mm1 sparc64, using crosstool
and 'make defconfig'. It errors out with:

$ make sound/core/pcm_native.o
CC [M] sound/core/pcm_native.o
sound/core/pcm_native.c: In function `snd_pcm_mmap_data':
sound/core/pcm_native.c:3088: error: too few arguments to function `io_remap_page_range'

My dimm recollection is that this error has been here a while, but that
I've just been commenting CONFIG_SOUND out, since I really didn't care
about either sound nor about sparc64 (only that I wasn't contributing
further grief to sparc64 with my cpumask and cpuset stuff).

Does anyone know the story behind this odd inconsistency?

Better yet, is anyone signed up to resolve this? No, I'm not
volunteering ;).

--
I won't rest till it's the best ...
Programmer, Linux Scalability