Re: PATCH: cdrecord: avoiding scsi device numbering for ide devices

From: Frank Steiner
Date: Thu Aug 19 2004 - 09:36:57 EST

Joerg Schilling wrote:

The GPL requires you not to impact the original authors' reputations, but this is what SuSE is doing by publishing defective variants.

What a stupid claim. When I call cdrecord on SuSE 9.1, I can burn CDs and
DVDs as normal user, without root permissions, without suid, without ide-scsi,
using /dev/hdc as device.

And this just works fine. So where's the problem?

--
Dipl.-Inform. Frank Steiner Web: http://www.bio.ifi.lmu.de/~steiner/
Lehrstuhl f. Bioinformatik Mail: http://www.bio.ifi.lmu.de/~steiner/m/