Re: PATCH: cdrecord: avoiding scsi device numbering for ide devices

From: Frank Steiner
Date: Thu Aug 19 2004 - 09:53:49 EST

Martin Mares wrote:
Hello!

I did talk to the official SuSE product manager 1.5 years ago and this person
just tried to take me as a clod.

Do you really believe that I am doing all this before trying to find a decent discussion based solution?

That's really hard to believe, but on the other hand, when packaging my programs,
SUSE people were always cooperating very well.

So, let's ask the SUSE'rs around there: is there any problem with adding such
a notice to the cdrecord package?

There is already. cdrecord on SuSE 9.1 tells you:
Cdrecord-Clone-dvd 2.01a27 (i686-suse-linux) Copyright (C) 1995-2004 Jörg Schilling
Note: This version is an unofficial (modified) version with DVD support
Note: and therefore may have bugs that are not present in the original.
Note: Please send bug reports or support requests to http://www.suse.de/feedback
Note: The author of cdrecord should not be bothered with problems in this version.

--
Dipl.-Inform. Frank Steiner Web: http://www.bio.ifi.lmu.de/~steiner/
Lehrstuhl f. Bioinformatik Mail: http://www.bio.ifi.lmu.de/~steiner/m/