Re: sata_promise pata connector

From: Anton Starikov
Date: Thu Aug 19 2004 - 22:41:05 EST

Unfortunately nothing happen with this PATA port for a long time :)
I' m pretty sure that Jeff have it in ToDo list. But this problem
floating in this list for a long time. Even he was wiling to do
something with this problem "next week"...but there was always something
more important, that is pretty well understandable. Because if you have
such port on such chip - almost for sure you have some more PATA ports
where you can connect PATA device. But if you have SATA device - and
some SATA card/chip on MB...it still much more important problem,
Because you probably don't have more SATA ports in your HW. And, of
course, almost for sure this port not going to be involved into RAID
business.

Anton.