Re: [RFC] IBM thinkpad Fn+Fx key driver

From: Jan Mynarik
Date: Fri Aug 20 2004 - 08:25:07 EST

Hi Erik,

your module is working here on IBM ThinkPad R40 2681-BAG. Previously
non-working keys (Fn+ F3, F4, F5, F7, F8, F9, F12) are emitting ACPI
events now. Note that Fn+ F8, F9 are not marked with blue signs here on
R40, so there is no official function assigned :-).

Your driver even survives ACPI suspend to RAM (and wake-up too :-)) and
that's great.

Oops, I almost forgot to mention my kernel configuration: Debian's 2.6.7
(almost vanilla) + ACPI 20040715 (from acpi.sourceforge.net; I need it
for suspend to RAM).

I can't wait till it gets to mainstream 2.6 kernel.

That's all for this report.

Regards,

Jan "Pogo" Mynarik