Re: [patch] voluntary-preempt-2.6.8.1-P5

From: K.R. Foley
Date: Fri Aug 20 2004 - 09:40:00 EST

Ingo Molnar wrote:
> i've uploaded the -P5 patch:
>
> http://redhat.com/~mingo/voluntary-preempt/voluntary-preempt-2.6.8.1-P5

<snip>

I have been running the voluntary-preempt patches on one of my slower
(450) servers at home. The question is would latency traces from such a
slow system be useful to you in this testing. About the most load that
gets generated on this system, usually, is compiling the kernel or a
very large app. that I do development on. What I tend to do to load the
system is just run the stress-kernel suite and sometimes Andrew's amlat
program to provide RT scheduling pressure.

If this would be useful, let me know as I have an interest in seeing
latencies reduced as much as possible. I am building with the -P5 patch
right now. If it would be more useful to try this on a faster system or
to stess the system in a different manner, I could do that as well.

kr