Re: PATCH: cdrecord: avoiding scsi device numbering for ide devices

From: Joerg Schilling
Date: Fri Aug 20 2004 - 09:42:09 EST

> Typical scenario: small sw-company reports bugs -> reply: "you are too unskilled".
> big company enters the scene -> things are getting fixed.
>
> So, you see, Sun is not per se impeccable.

The main difference between Sun and Linux as I see here in these discussions
is, that Sun remembers who does make a bug report (unfortunately this does not
apply to the local bug report centers but to the Sun central).

For this reason, it is easy for me to get attention. The right people at Sun
just know that I did make a lot if important bug reports and take me serious.

When I send a bug report about incorrect signal handling in all known ssh
clients out in Saturday noon, I did get a reply from Sun Saturday evening
and a reply from OpenSSH on Monday. I did never get a reply from SSH.com
although they did fix the bug too.

What I did send out a bug report against Solaris 10 USB-2 DMA problems, I did
receive a new test driver binary from the team leader 10 days later.

If you are unknown at Sun, you may habe problems......

Jörg

--
EMail:joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
js@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (uni) If you don't have iso-8859-1