Re: PATCH: cdrecord: avoiding scsi device numbering for ide devices

From: Richard B. Johnson
Date: Fri Aug 20 2004 - 10:13:52 EST

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004, Joerg Schilling wrote:

> > Typical scenario: small sw-company reports bugs -> reply: "you are too unskilled".
> > big company enters the scene -> things are getting fixed.
> >
> > So, you see, Sun is not per se impeccable.
>
> The main difference between Sun and Linux as I see here in these discussions
> is, that Sun remembers who does make a bug report

He He ... and they try to "get even", too! --Not by fixing bugs,
but by "reporting" "stupid" clients to their bosses. That's why
I have the only remaining Sun in the company. I was too lazy
to turn it back on after a power failure a couple of years ago.
Therefore, I didn't report any problems to Sun...and got to
keep the machine.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
Penguin : Linux version 2.4.26 on an i686 machine (5570.56 BogoMips).