Sil3112 2.6.8.1 woes

From: Joao Estevao
Date: Fri Aug 20 2004 - 11:03:42 EST

Hello. I recently upgraded to 2.6.8.1 and my SATA disk stopped working.
As far as I can see, when the kernel boots the usual information about
my controller found by 2.6.7 is not shown. I still have CONFIG_SCSI_SATA_SIL=y and yet it won't find my root not even if I use root=/dev/sda5 or root=/dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part5. With 2.6.7 I used root=/dev/discs/disc0/part5 and worked fine. Somebody has any ideia why this is happening?

TIA,

Joao Estevao.