Re: PATCH: cdrecord: avoiding scsi device numbering for ide devices

From: Christer Weinigel
Date: Fri Aug 20 2004 - 11:44:50 EST

Joerg Schilling <schilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> bla bla bla.... you nicely ignored:

And what is he ignoring?

In that message you complained about a SuSE modified version, but as
far as I can tell you did not bring up any other arguments, except to
point at bug in the SuSE version. A version that very clearly stated
that it is a modified version and that you should not be contacted
about bugs in that version.

So what are you complaining about? The GPL says:

If the software is modified by someone else and passed on, we want
its recipients to know that what they have is not the original, so
that any problems introduced by others will not reflect on the
original authors' reputations.

So I belive that you are complaining about something where you have
not reason to complain, since SuSE are definitely telling the users
that they are using a modified version.

And this really does not belong on linux-kernel so can we please stop
this silly argument. Keep technical issues on linux kernel and for
the rest, please go away. (And yes, by posting this message I'm just
as guilty of bringing off topic stuff to l-k. I'm sorry about that).

/Christer

Freelance consultant specializing in device driver programming for Linux
Christer Weinigel <christer@xxxxxxxxxxx> http://www.weinigel.se