Cursed Checksums

From: Josan Kadett
Date: Fri Aug 20 2004 - 20:38:17 EST

I have an issue with the incorrect TCP and UDP checksum dropped by the
kernel. A network node is calculating TCP/UDP header checksums with wrong
psuedo-headers, so kernel does not let these packets to reach to userspace;

When I manually calcaulate the checksum in the incoming TCP and UDP packets
and re-inject them back to the socket, everything works fine. That is, the
data integrity is not damaged or corrupted at all.

I tried to investigate the code in tcp_input.c and udp.c to see if I can
disable the checksum control for inbound packets entirely. No use it was
since I need to do this urgently.

Any ideas?