Re: Timer allocates too many ports

From: Pierre Ossman
Date: Sat Aug 21 2004 - 03:57:35 EST

Randy.Dunlap wrote:

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 23:25:49 +0200 Pierre Ossman wrote:

| I do not know which file contains this allocation so I haven't been able | to change it. Any ideas?

Sure, arch/i386/kernel/setup.c, near line 221 (in 2.6.8.1):

.name = "timer",
.start = 0x0040,
.end = 0x005f,
.flags = IORESOURCE_BUSY | IORESOURCE_IO

Just split that into 2 entries in the standard_io_resources[] array
and it's done.

Thanks. That worked perfectly. Who is the responsible maintainer for this part of the kernel? When my driver is ready to be added to the Linus' kernel I need to have this changed.

Rgds
Pierre