Problems compiling kernel modules

From: Lei Yang
Date: Sat Aug 21 2004 - 14:26:41 EST

Hi all,

I was trying to compile a kernel module with kbuild. The module 'test.c' include a header file 'fred.h' and there is a "#include <stdio.h>" in 'fred.h'.

Makefile looks like:

ifneq ($(KERNELRELEASE),)
obj-m := test.o

else
KDIR := /usr/src/linux
PWD := $(shell pwd)

default:
$(MAKE) -C $(KDIR) SUBDIRS=$(PWD) modules

clean:
rm -f *.o *.ko *.mod.c *.mod.o \
.test.o.cmd .test.ko.cmd .test.mod.o.cmd
rm -rf .tmp_versions
endif

But upon compiling, there would be errors like this:
In file included from /home/lei/test.c:49:
/home/lei/fred.h:4:19: stdio.h: No such file or directory

and a lot of undeclared names follow which I assume is from stdio.h.

Could anyone point out what's wrong here?

TIA!

Lei