Re: 2.6.8.1-mm3

From: Jesse Barnes
Date: Sat Aug 21 2004 - 15:09:04 EST

On Friday, August 20, 2004 9:26 pm, Nick Piggin wrote:
> Jesse Barnes wrote:
> > On Friday, August 20, 2004 6:19 am, Andrew Morton wrote:
> >>- This is (very) lightly tested. Mainly a resync with various parties.
> >
> > Woo-hoo! This boots *without changes* on a 512p Altix! Now to re-run
> > the profiles and try wli's new per-cpu profiling buffers.
>
> What changes were needed to achieve this previously?

The arch specific SD_NODE_INIT was the missing piece from previous -mm
releases. Now that it's there, things seem to work. I still have to poke
around to see if there are places where we're trying to scan across all CPUs
looking for busy ones and *then* checking to see if they're in a domain.
John said he'd take a closer look.

Jesse