Re: Entirely ignoring TCP and UDP checksum in kernel level

From: Brad Campbell
Date: Sun Aug 22 2004 - 01:18:02 EST

Josan Kadett wrote:
That is certainly what I require but I need some guidelines; I investigated
into the issue and fount out that;

- By only changing the source address coded in the IP header
- And by just applying checksum to IP header [Not TCP or UDP]

The problem would be gone since when the source IP in the IP address field
is validated, the checksum in the underlying protocol is automatically
validated (because the sender system had already computed this CRC using the
IP address which we want to write onto the packet)

I do not have much time to build a code just for this purpose and thus I am
looking for a simple app. or some other way...

So if we took any packet that came in from 192.168.1.1 and substituted 192.178.77.1 for the Source address and then re-calculated the IP checksum you would be up and running?

Regards,
Brad