Re: Entirely ignoring TCP and UDP checksum in kernel level

From: Brad Campbell
Date: Sun Aug 22 2004 - 02:05:11 EST

Josan Kadett wrote:
**Indeed there is no longer such a need to recalculate the IP checksum
because I have found a way to disable it by patching the kernel. So, only
requirement is this;

Change the source address of the packet before it reaches to the socket
buffer aka skbuff.h. Because if it reaches that code with the wrong IP
header, the csum will just drop it away.

The main reason I suggested correcting the checksum is if it was done that way, the kernel would behave normally for all other IP traffic and simply do a dodgy on only traffic from 192.168.1.1

If nobody else jumps in, let me think about it for a day or so and I'll see what I can do. It's been a couple of years since I last looked at the network code though.

What kernel are you running?

Regards,
Brad