Re: 2.6.8.1-mm2 (nvidia breakage)

From: Bjorn Helgaas
Date: Mon Aug 23 2004 - 10:42:26 EST

On Thursday 19 August 2004 4:58 pm, Terence Ripperda wrote:
> but in Kevin's original email[1], he's hitting an oops within the
> pci_enable_device call. is that likely due to pci_enable_device being
> called late?

[1] http://www.uwsg.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0408.1/0127.html

Kevin, I suspect the oops you're seeing is due to the problem mentioned
here (add_pin_to_irq() is __init but shouldn't be):

http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&start=75&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=fa.linux.kernel&c2coff=1&selm=fa.j8igrci.1fgg680%40ifi.uio.no

Can you try Randy's patch without using "pci=routeirq" and see whether
it resolves the oops? Of course, the nvidia driver still won't work
because it's looking at pci_dev->irq before calling pci_enable_device(),
but that's a separate issue.