Re: [patch] lazy TSS's I/O bitmap copy ...

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Aug 23 2004 - 18:26:36 EST

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004, Davide Libenzi wrote:

> I think, not sure though (gonna test right now), that the "Segment
> Selector Index" part of the error code might be the TSS selector index,
> that will enable an even more selective reissue.

I don't think so. Generally the error code is 0 for all normal GP cases.
The error code tends to be non-zero only for the "load segment" things,
when it shows what the incorrect segment was.

So I bet you'll see a zero error code and that checking for it won't
actually cut down _that_ much on the double GP faults.

Linus