Re: 2.6.8.1-mm2 (nvidia breakage)

From: Roland Dreier
Date: Tue Aug 24 2004 - 12:42:17 EST

Bjorn> To be pedantically clear about this, looking at
Bjorn> pci_dev->irq before calling pci_enable_device() is
Bjorn> *guaranteed* to fail, regardless of what the BIOS does. So
Bjorn> nvidia users will have to use "pci=routeirq" until there's
Bjorn> a new version of the nvidia driver.

Terence, correct me if I'm wrong, but the change to add
pci_enable_device() goes in the part of the nvidia driver that has
source available. So users can apply this patch themselves even
without another Nvidia release.

- Roland