Re: NForce 2 support

From: Rodrigo F Baroni
Date: Tue Aug 24 2004 - 22:46:59 EST

Dr NoName disse:
>> nforce 2 works sweet with the exception of sound
>> which has been broken in 2.6.7 and
>> 2.6.8.1 causing system crashes. If you have a
>> soundcard not to worry, if you are
>> gonna run onboard ... wait and see with 2.6.9 brings

I got do my one work, but I spend some enoght time until get it work.
Following the "try/error" method, I got do it work by :

1)Disabling the support to pnp
2)Disabling the support to new irq automatic detect item
3)Enabling only ALSA build-in (no open sound, as the docs say to do)
4)Enabling evey option about ALSA, but about the specific chipset only the
one - NVidia2

The machine was one with a asus A7N8X-X (nvidia2 chipset).

Rodrigo F Baroni