From: Chris Friesen
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 15:41:47 EST

Hans Reiser wrote:

Making files into directories caused only two applications out of the
entire OS to notice the change, and that was because of a bug in what
error code we returned that we are going to fix. You think that was a
disaster; I think it was a triumph.

Since we have such a performance lead, Namesys is about to change its
focus from the storage layer to semantics, look at
www.namesys.com/whitepaper.html for details. Semantic enhancements are
the important stuff, and finally Namesys is where we have all the
storage layer prerequisites done right, and the real work can begin.

Just curious about your comments on Jamie Lokier's suggestions for enabling files-as-directories semantics without breaking existing apps.

Chris