Re: 1GB/2GB/3GB User Space Splitting Patch 2.6.8.1 (PSEUDO SPAM)

From: Roland Dreier
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 23:49:51 EST

William> ELF ABI violation. "...the reserved area shall not
William> consume more than 1GB of the address space."

Agreed, but I do like running with PAGE_OFFSET == 0xB0000000 on my
main box, which has 1 GB of RAM. I can avoid highmem and still use
the last 128 MB of RAM. It takes me about 3 seconds to edit
<asm/page.h> when I build a new kernel so I'm not arguing for merging
this, though.

- R.