Re: [linux-usb-devel] Re: kernel 2.6.8 pwc patches and counterpatches

From: Greg KH
Date: Thu Aug 26 2004 - 02:19:50 EST

On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 12:58:59AM +0200, Nemosoft Unv. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Wednesday 25 August 2004 01:04, Greg KH wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 12:58:24AM +0200, Nemosoft Unv. wrote:
> > If you want to send me a patch to tell me to rip the whole driver out,
> > fine I will, no problems, I completly understand.
>
> I don't think you do.

Just like I don't think you understand the laws involved here :)

> > But realize that anyone can then add it back, as the work you did was
> > released under the GPL :)
>
> We'll see. Greg, please remove all references to the PWC driver from the 2.6
> kernel ASAP. This also includes Documentation/usb/philips.txt and a
> possible entry in the MAINTAINERS file. Sending a patch will probably be
> pointless since you made changes I haven't seen.

I've done that. You should send a patch to Pete to do the same for the
2.4 tree too.

I'm very sorry it's come to this, I really am.

I'd like to personally thank you for all the time you've spent in
working on this driver over the years, and wish you the best in whatever
you do in the future. Come back anytime.

thanks,

greg k-h