From: Hans Reiser
Date: Thu Aug 26 2004 - 03:54:49 EST

Christoph Hellwig wrote:

On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 12:35:17AM +0400, Alex Zarochentsev wrote:

Reiser4 may have a mount option for whoose who like or have to use traditional
O_DIRECTORY semantics. There would be no /metas under non-directories, if user
wants that.

Again, O_DIRECTORY was added to solve a real-world race, not just for
the sake of it.

Can you supply more details and we will try to reply concretely? Thanks.

If you really want to add that option I'll research the
CAN number for you so you can named it after that - or just call it -o
insecure directly.