From: Spam
Date: Thu Aug 26 2004 - 04:58:20 EST

> Previously Jeremy Allison wrote:
>> Multiple-data-stream files are something we should offer, definately (IMHO).
>> I don't care how we do it, but I know it's something we need as application
>> developers.

> Aside from samba, is there any other application that has a use for
> them?

Yes, for example documents, image files etc. The multiple data
streams can contain thumbnails, info about who is editing the file
(useful for networked files) etc. Could be used for version handling
and much more.

Also, just because we do not see all the benefits right now, doesn't
mean there won't be any.

~S