From: Christoph Hellwig
Date: Thu Aug 26 2004 - 04:58:20 EST

On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 01:31:34AM -0700, Hans Reiser wrote:
> Andrew, we need to compete with WinFS and Dominic Giampaolo's filesystem
> for Apple, and that means we need to put search engine and database

Dou you know a nice thing? We (as in the Linux Community) don't have to
compete with anyone. Sure, we're usually trying to be better than
anyone else, but unlike companies under maret pressure we can wait until
something is ready.

Again, if you think you want your work in Linux cooperate with the Linux
Developers, and as you have seen in this thread there's a pretty broad
consensus that we want things working at the VFS (and actually working
of course)