Re: Linux 2.4.28-pre2

From: O.Sezer
Date: Thu Aug 26 2004 - 10:35:16 EST

Hi Marcelo:

> Also a bunch of gcc 3.4 fixes, hopefully we are done
> with that now.

Fairly close, but not complete. You need the two patches at:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=109327862717567&w=2
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=109292095518054&w=2

(You should have them in your mailbox)

After those, there will still be five warnings which I couldn't
find an easy way to deal with:
1. the rio driver:
rio_linux.c: In function `rio_init':
rio_linux.c:1209: warning: use of cast expressions as lvalues is deprecated
rio_linux.c:1333: warning: use of cast expressions as lvalues is deprecated

2. isdn/eicon:
eicon_idi.c: In function `idi_faxdata_send':
eicon_idi.c:2057: warning: use of cast expressions as lvalues is deprecated

3. scsi/53c7,8xx.c:
53c7,8xx.c: In function `NCR53c7xx_queue_command':
53c7,8xx.c:3929: warning: use of cast expressions as lvalues is deprecated

4. rivafb:
accel.c: In function `fbcon_riva_writechr':
accel.c:157: warning: use of cast expressions as lvalues is deprecated

5. affs/super.c :
super.c: In function `parse_options':
super.c:133: warning: use of conditional expressions as lvalues is deprecated

As you know these are warnings in gcc3.4 but will be failures in 3.5.

Another thing is in scsi/ultrastor.c:
ultrastor.c: In function `ultrastor_queuecommand':
ultrastor.c:301: warning: matching constraint does not allow a register
ultrastor.c:301: warning: matching constraint does not allow a register

I'm no asm guy so I don't know how serious/how to fix this.

Regards,
Ozkan.