POSIX_FADV_NOREUSE and O_STREAMING behavior in 2.6.7

From: David Rolenc
Date: Thu Aug 26 2004 - 12:49:57 EST

I am trying to get O_STREAMING (Robert Love patch for 2.4) behavior in 2.6 and just a glance at fadvise.c suggests that POSIX_FADV_NOREUSE is not implemented any differently than POSIX_FADV_WILLNEED. Am I missing something? I want to read data from disk with readahead and drop the data from the page cache as soon as I am done with it. Do I have to call fadvise with POSIX_FADV_DONTNEED after every read?

Thanks,

David Rolenc
RT Logic!
www.rtlogic.com