Re: 2.6.9-rc1-mm1

From: Thomas Davis
Date: Thu Aug 26 2004 - 13:44:56 EST

Jurriaan wrote:
From: Con Kolivas <kernel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 09:07:39PM +1000

Andrew Morton wrote:

ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.9-rc1/2.6.9-rc1-mm1/

- nicksched is still here. There has been very little feedback, except that
it seems to slow some workloads on NUMA.

The only feedback on nickshed was that it hurt NUMA somewhat, SMT interactivity was broken (an easy enough oversight)

I take it that was why changing consoles between mutt and slrn would
include a pause of several seconds on a system with a single,
hyperthreaded cpu?

More than likely. I had found it's worse with X running (see ioperm vs. iopl thread)

Is that fixed in 2.6.9-rc1-mm1?

Good question, and how about the ioperm/iopl bit map problem?
thomas