Re: netfilter IPv6 support

From: David S. Miller
Date: Thu Aug 26 2004 - 15:32:14 EST

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 20:52:47 +0200
Thomas Zehetbauer <thomasz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Although linux was one of the first to support IPv6 it seems to me that
> netfilter support has almost stuck. There is still not even a REJECT
> target not to mention stateful filtering for IPv6.

Why not ask the netfilter development lists such questions?

Stateful netfilter is not there because it's a total waste
to completely duplicate all of the connection tracking et al.
code into ipv6 counterparts when %80 of the code is roughly
the same. People are working on a consolidation of these
things so that there is no code duplication but it is a lot
of work and there are bigger fires to put out at the moment.