From: Nikita Danilov
Date: Thu Aug 26 2004 - 17:30:42 EST

Christophe Saout writes:
> Am Freitag, den 27.08.2004, 01:45 +0400 schrieb Nikita Danilov:
>
> > > At least in reiser4 they don't have, or at least you can't access them.
> >
> > They do.
> >
> > > ln -s foo bar; cd bar/metas shows me the content of foo/metas.
> >
> > That's because lookup for "bar" performs symlink resolution.
>
> So I can't access them and it is pointless. ;-)
>
> BTW, I can do a cd metas/metas/metas/metas/plugin/metas... I don't think
> this makes sense. :)

Why? foo/metas is a file system object just like foo. It has owner,
permission bits, so access to its meta-data should be provided, and
uniform way to provide access to the file system object meta-data is to
have these little magic files inside metas directory, which is a file
system object just like metas. It has owner^@^@^@^@*** - Lisp stack
overflow. RESET

Nikita.