From: Emil Larsson
Date: Thu Aug 26 2004 - 17:44:41 EST

Christophe Saout wrote:

Am Freitag, den 27.08.2004, 01:45 +0400 schrieb Nikita Danilov:

> At least in reiser4 they don't have, or at least you can't access them.

They do.

> ln -s foo bar; cd bar/metas shows me the content of foo/metas.

That's because lookup for "bar" performs symlink resolution.

So I can't access them and it is pointless. ;-)

BTW, I can do a cd metas/metas/metas/metas/plugin/metas... I don't think
this makes sense. :)

I prefer this one:

hepburn:/# mount
/dev/sda3 on / type reiser4 (rw)
hepburn:/# touch apa
hepburn:/# chmod +x apa
hepburn:/# cd apa
hepburn:/apa# ls
ls: reading directory .: Not a directory

So there is already file-as-dir with legacy "ls" - and it works just like people seem to want it to do with legacy apps. Not at all.

/Emil