From: Hans Reiser
Date: Thu Aug 26 2004 - 19:22:53 EST

Rik van Riel wrote:

In my opinion we shouldn't merge file-as-a-directory
semantics into the kernel until we figure out how to
fix the backup/restore problem and keep standard unix
utilities work.

One incremental piece at a time our solution will fall into place. Pieces should go in when they are individually ready. Warning users that some pieces might be changed out from under them up until when 2.8 ships is ok with me though.