From: Jonathan Abbey
Date: Thu Aug 26 2004 - 21:44:14 EST

On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 09:28:41PM +0300, Denis Vlasenko wrote:

| Is it possible to sufficiently hide "dirs inside files"
| so that old tools will be unable to see them?
|
| I just checked:
|
| ls -d /foo does lstat64("/foo", ...)
| ls -d /foo/ does lstat64("/foo", ...)
| but
| ls -d /foo/. does lstat64("/foo/.", ...)
|
| Will it work out if "dir inside file" will only be visible when referred as "file/."?

I'm used to using ls symlink/. to get ls to show me the directory on
the far side of a symbolic link. That's a pretty analagous case to
the one we're discussing here, I think?

Jon

Jonathan Abbey jonabbey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Applied Research Laboratories The University of Texas at Austin
GPG Key: 71767586 at keyserver pgp.mit.edu, http://www.ganymeta.org/workkey.gpg