Re: netfilter IPv6 support

From: Thomas Zehetbauer
Date: Fri Aug 27 2004 - 05:03:51 EST

On Fre, 2004-08-27 at 00:05 +0200, Willy Tarreau wrote:
> These features are available in patch-o-matic-ng. They're not in mainline
> because the netfilter team only pushes well tested and non-intrusive changes.
> But there are lots of people using features from patch-o-matic in production.

It seems that the netfilter developers are far to conservative in this
case.
- Linux 2.6 is itself is still not deemed completely stable.
- IPv6 support is still marked experimental.
So I doubt someone would blame them for pushing a not so well tested
patch in this case but the current netfilter implementation for IPv6 is
far from useful completeness.

Tom

--
T h o m a s Z e h e t b a u e r ( TZ251 )
PGP encrypted mail preferred - KeyID 96FFCB89

History has shown that the people who make history do not learn from it.