Re: kernel 2.6.8 pwc patches and counterpatches

From: Wouter Van Hemel
Date: Fri Aug 27 2004 - 07:58:28 EST

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004, Christoph Hellwig wrote:

So you're vounteering for the new intree-maintainer?

I don't know anything about kernel development or drivers, let alone this kind of video drivers, it would be a disaster. But if nobody wants to do it, and I get permission from the previous maintainer, I will maintain the code, even only to stop it from rotting.

Why remove it when it would be ok to just add the code again?