Re: kernel 2.6.8 pwc patches and counterpatches

From: Wouter Van Hemel
Date: Fri Aug 27 2004 - 08:32:02 EST

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004, Xavier Bestel wrote:

Le ven 27/08/2004 à 14:47, Wouter Van Hemel a écrit :
Perhaps we could rewrite the driver and merge it with some other
webcam driver projects.

"we" ?

I think there are some other people, like regular gnomemeeting users judging from that mailing list, that would have some interest in forming a team of sorts to maintain the driver. At least, I am, for myself, if nobody else is interested. Perhaps some other webcam driver developers want to help out a bit, too. Many people use this driver. I'm also willing to write a simple patch script that would install the (out-of-tree) driver in a kernel tree without requiring too much user knowledge or intervention, if Nemosoft would decide to release his last code.

But let's give it a few days of rest and find out what Nemosoft thinks.