Re: kernel 2.6.8 pwc patches and counterpatches

From: Wouter Van Hemel
Date: Fri Aug 27 2004 - 08:36:54 EST

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004, Denis Vlasenko wrote:

This is the problem. It is far easier to _feel_ something
than to _do_ something.

I have contacted Philips regarding the closed source part of the driver, but I'm still waiting for an answer.

I can't "steal" Nemosoft's work. I don't even have any recent version of this driver on my system, apart from the code in the 2.6.8 kernel, and he has removed any packages from his website. So as long as he refuses to give permission to reuse his code, we (as in the users of this driver) are pretty much screwed.