Re: Latest Altix I/O code reorganization code

From: Patrick Gefre
Date: Fri Aug 27 2004 - 10:47:09 EST

Christoph Hellwig wrote:
On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 10:14:23AM -0500, Patrick Gefre wrote:

Patch 1 of 26

This patch is too large for email see:

ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/sn2/sn2-update/001-kill-files

Stoop again. This absolutely does not look like a change after which the
tree build, right? After how many of the patches do we get a useable

Right

kernel for SN2? Please split your changes into LOGICAL steps, e.g.

26 - hence the 1 of 26

- dma mapping rework
- usage of SAL interfaces
- hwgrpah removal
- renaming of files without code changes
- addition of new hardware support
- etc..

The code was completely redone. It was not done in sections. Breaking them into
pieces is nothing more than an academic exercise. It is not useable until all
the code changes have been made because it would require a prom that followed these
changes. The point of a review was to get comments on the CONTENT of the code not
the format of the patches.

everything else is simply not reviewable. (and the above is intentionally
an order which I think would make sense)

The easiest way to review is to delete the old directorory and apply the new ioif
files. Reviewing it as patches doesn't make any sense. The new code is very small and
it should be possible to look at it intact.