Re: kernel 2.6.8 pwc patches and counterpatches

From: Kenneth Lavrsen
Date: Fri Aug 27 2004 - 16:38:49 EST

At 22:47 2004-08-27, David Woodhouse wrote:
On Fri, 2004-08-27 at 20:35 +0200, Vojtech Pavlik wrote:
> It doesn't seem to be Philips's fault at the moment, I've read somewhere
> (probably a list archive linked from slashdot) that Nemosoft's NDA has
> ended a year ago and that he was now free to release the source to the
> binary only part ... that'd of course fix the whole problem.

Good. Then I'm sure I'll receive the documents I requested in my email
to Philips.

I have Logitech 4000s, Philips 740s and Logitech Sphere cameras running 24/7.
I always run latest stock kernel.
If anyone takes over the driver - I volunteer as a tester.

I do not have enough skills in C to write a kernel module but I can patch a kernel and test the cameras under real conditions - night and day including rotating the Sphere.

That is what I can offer as being part of a solution. I can also maintain a Sourceforge site if needed. But my 1.5 years of C experience (I am a hardware electrical engineer by profession) is not enough to maintain the code for a kernel module.

Kenneth

--
Kenneth Lavrsen,
Glostrup, Denmark